Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekly Post #2: And I'm off!

Chune of the Week: Wyclef Jean Feat R.Kelly & Cannibus--Gone Till May 27th November Remix




Week 0.


Ok I won't really be gone till November. I'll be back in May. BUT 4 months is a pretty long time!!!

Today, in about 11 hours, I leave for Ghana. Yea, like 10 hours away, Gold Coast, away from all my friends and family Ghana. Oh. Em. Gee.


This is a surreal moment for me. I can't believe this day has really come. The nerves are definitely here. For sure. 
I want to dedicate this post to everyone that I TRULY love and will miss while away!


The Fam:


The ones who made me. Mom and Dad, I love you guys so much. You've created a wonderful specimen. Your progeny may not have been bountiful, but quality is better then quantity. I hope I am making you proud and I'll miss you tons!! 




The are very few words I can use to convey how much I love this guy. My body guard, my best friend, my brother! Keep up the good work, and I'll see you when I get back. Please take care of your parents, Rufus, and your Cool-Hwhip. Buy some Hwheat thins with that too.


From This....
 
to this...
  

I thought about only adding this girl in my friend section, but this girl is not a friend, she is my sister. Not biologically, but spiritually. Over 10 years of friendship will do that to you. We are even starting to look more a like. And she's successfully infiltrated my family. There's no getting rid of her. My ride or die. We have a lot of plans in the future, and a lot of years left ahead of us. Love you Rebecca!

(Not Pictured but equally important: Carla aka W, Aunt G, Grandma(s), Sharon, Ms. Jeanette, Aunt Cherly, Aunt Marva, Aunt Roberta, Aunt Juliet, Aunt Sharon Aunt Jackie, my cousins and everyone else I may have forgotten! I love you all!) 

My Friends:






My Oldest, Newest, and Truest Friends, I LOVE YOU GUYS!! So So So So much. Funmi, Indy, Gigi, Janel, Rebekah, Katie. Idk what I'd do without you women. Yall are beautiful and smart and funny and perfection. Rebe I'll miss you baby. No one can replace what we had. ;-). Kimm!! Make sure you remember my brazilian Bikini and my haviannas. I want coral. Funm Funm, stay up in Paris :). Buy nice stuff. Indy and Gigi, next year will be magic! Katieee! I can't believe we are going a whole year without living with each other. This is tragic. But next year is going to be NASTY. 

My friends are models yall.



And finally, the Prince Himself. Cornbread aka Rufus aka Cornilicus Breadicus aka Chewy aka Little Man aka THE PRINCE:


The best friend a girl can have. We fight and then we cuddle. A true stallion. Love you Corny! Be good boy and take care of Mommy!



OOOK. I'm done being sentimental. I love everyone. Stay posted. I'll try to update again as soon as I can with my flight experience and first thoughts, etc. See you guys soon! 

Love you all,


Shelbizzle.





1 comment:

  1. OMG.... sniff, sniff..... I love you toooooo Shelbie!!! I wish I was there..... I love Ghana!!!

    P.S. don't forget to call your "Uncle" (lol) Archibald Colecraft-Peters..... 233244021320 archibaldcolecraftpeters@yahoo.com he is in CapeCoast - about 3 hours away from Accra. Oh... and you have to visit both of the castles....

    ReplyDelete