Thursday, February 2, 2012

Weekly Post #5: They LOVIN the crew...

Chune of the Week:

Crew Love--Drake ft The Weekend




Hello Everyone!!

I know its been a minute since I really sat down and spoke to you all but its been so busy here in Ghana...and school hasn't even really started yet (more on that later).

Let me pick up where I left off.
Last week Wednesday I got my hair done. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I paid a total of about 28 cedis total for the hair and the labor. Thats a total of about 16 American dollars. Thats CRAZY. lol. It got medium/small sized box braids that go down to my booty. Sigh. I love my hair. 

I went from this...


To this.... (Ghanian humidity is no joke!!)


To this... In about the span of a week. God is good...all the time.




(Why yes, that is my mosquito net in the background.)

The particular night in which I took this picture, I had BLAST!!! The crew and I went to this bar for this man named Keith's party. Who would have thought that Keith's birthday party would pop so hard. Big up yuhself Keith. lol. The bar/lounge was called Appetite. Super chic. I digged the vibe. They provided free drinks for a bit while we were there. We chilled, saw and interacted with some bait, and bounced to the next spot...Bella Roma in Osu. lol. This place was live. They had a pretty good mix of music (for Ghana that is). We were all in some type of state so that made the fun even better. I wont go into the intricate details of the night, but we all had a fantabulous time.

(The Crew and I! Thanks again for a great night Keith!)

Moving forward. I think most everyone in my program has forgotten that we have come to Ghana to STUDY abroad. lol. The class registration process at UG is a huge headache and hassle. But I've been doing a pretty good job (in my opinion) to register for courses that will fill major requirements back at GWU. School technically should have started on Monday, but Ghana works at a very slow pace AND the have been some faculty strikes on campus, classes haven't even really started...at all. I attempted to attend two classes yesterday with fail. I will try again next week. Most Ghanian students havent even fully moved onto campus yet. When in Ghana, do as the Ghanians do...slow your roll, bruh.

I have attended two classes though. African Dance Techniques and my Twi class. Both I enjoy. African dance is truly awesome. Its fun, interactive, and a serious workout. I would post a pic of me in action, but I look sweaty and gross, so I think not. Twi class is awesome as well. I'm taking my Twi learning very seriously. Although English in the official language of Ghana, Twi is most widely spoken. It comes in very handy when trying to bargain as well as understand what creepy men are saying about you. I digress.

I am about to head out to buy some groceries for Sunday night. The crew and I have dubbed Sunday nights "American food night." Last Sunday Syd and Yvonne threw down and made some slamming American style spaghetti. This weekend Olisa and I are attempting taco night. lol. This should be interesting. I dont get the vibe that there are a lot of Mexican options in Ghana, but we are going to give it a try. A lot of our Ghanian man friends haven'e ever really heard of tacos. They are about to be in for a TREAT. 

Talk to you guys real soon.

Love you all,


Beezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment